Sunday, February 26, 2012

Miss You Already...

Dear Katelyn,
I went over to a friends house today and we ended up talking about school. It's hard for me to believe that you are going to Kindergarten this year.  We go to Kindergarten Round Up next month and we will walk through the school and meet the teachers and see the classrooms. I can't believe you are going to school already!! I am always so excited for all of you kids to hit the next milestone: crawling, walking, talking, playing, sleeping, eating, teeth, etc, etc, etc.  But this is the first one that makes me weepy and sad--once you go to school, it's over!  Pretty soon you'll be going away to college and then married and then moving across the country, far, far away.  It breaks my heart.  You are just starting to get to be so fun. You are helpful. You are sweet. You are loving.  You forgive.  You are eager and happy and joyful.  I'm going to miss you, Baby girl. I miss you already.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment